Tuesday, January 24, 2012

30 Day Challenge, Day 9

We ate another delicious egg scramble made by Jeff along with half of a grapefruit for breakfast. We both ate various leftovers a for lunch.


Our snack was homemade cashew butter eaten with apples and celery. So, very, good!! Just chop cashews in a food processor until almost a powder. Add oil while the food processor is running until it is the consistency you want it to be, we used walnut oil, then add salt to taste. We used raw cashews this time but will roast them next time to see which way we prefer.


Dinner was scallops grilled on the himalayan salt plate, roasted butternut squash and brussel sprouts.


I also made a pot of chicken vegetable soup so that I would have something easy for lunch this week. I have about half of it in the fridge and about half frozen for later. I am learning that this way of eating does not have many quick and easy options and, while I love to cook, some other things in my home are suffering for the sake of scratch made food. You will see some lower maintenance meals and leftovers this week :)

No comments: