Wednesday, January 18, 2012

30 Day Challenge, Day 4

Today's post is a short one because we had leftover quiche for breakfast, grain free granola as a snack and I made a barbecue pulled pork salad for lunch.

Here is dinner:


Portabella burgers, inspired by Make it Paleo but I did it a little differently. Cook the mushroom caps in a pan with a small amount of oil, salt and pepper and use them as the base of your burger in place of a bun (you just want them to soften up but not become completely limp). I used grass fed ground beef seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic powder for the burger. Toppings were carmelized onions, tomato and lettuce. These were delicious! I mean really good! Try these :) We ate sweet potato fries as well.

The challenge is still going well. I have to say we are still using the creamer I posted about on Sunday but I am starting to dislike the aftertaste. I think that as long as I keep thinking of it for what it is and not wanting it to be half n half that I will still enjoy it.... but, I am also going to try some alternatives, will let you know if any of them work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The portabello burgers sound yummy! Can you have Almond Milk in your coffee? You can buy it in the store or make your own in your blender. I love it! Suedee