Tuesday, January 24, 2012

30 Day Challenge, Day 10

One third of the way through, woohoo! I think the last couple of days have been the most Jeff and I have talked about wanting things that are not allowed. For the most part this has not been terribly difficult for us. In fact, it has made us get out of the rut we were cooking in and make things interesting. Right now we are trying to figure out if we feel better. I have not noticed a ton of difference in the way I feel but I do know that my clothes are getting looser and I wore a pair of pants on Sunday that I have not worn since before Maddie. Jeff really thinks that he will be watching his grain intake the most after all of this, he thinks that may be something that really affects how he feels.


I think this was my favorite breakfast so far. A little on the heavy side, so definitely not a daily breakfast but dinner tonight was really light so it made up the difference. We ate sweet potato latkes with eggs over easy, bacon and grapes. Recipe found here. I did not add the cinnamon but it would be good either way.

After a big breakfast I was not hungry for a long time but I did have a small bowl of chicken vegetable soup and then finished off the grain free granola with almond milk.


Dinner was Squid Ceviche with jicama fries and jicama chips. Ceviche is one of Jeff's favorite meals so when we saw squid at Costco there was no getting around making our own. Jeff used Alton Brown's recipe for Catfish Ceviche replacing the catfish with blanched squid. This was excellent! Our one note for you is that a whole red onion is a bit much, at least for us. The jicama was raw, cut into fries and seasoned with lime juice, chile powder and kosher salt. The jicama chips are just thin slices of raw jicama, great for eating salsa, ceviche etc.

No comments: