Wednesday, January 25, 2012

30 Day Challenge, Day 11

Breakfast this morning needed to be quick so I just made scrambled eggs with salsa and ate a banana. Lunch was chicken vegetable soup and a spinach salad. I am so glad that my dear friend Tyne taught me that salads can be as interesting as you want to be creative :) I added cucumber, apple, celery, toasted pecans and homemade citrus vinaigrette, simple but good. I stocked up on Larabars today when I found a decent price so that was my snack and Jeff requested cashew butter so I made that again.


Dinner was stuffed braised calamari, spaghetti squash and sauteed swiss chard. For the squid I used Alton Brown's recipe to stuff it, found here and Anne Burrell's recipe for the sauce to braise it in found here. Per Whole30 we did not use breadcrumbs in the stuffing or wine in the sauce. I used chicken broth in place of the wine and just left the breadcrumbs out completely. We plan on making this one again!

No comments: