Sunday, January 29, 2012

30 Day Challenge, Day 14


Breakfast was a spinach, green onion and mushroom egg scramble with a slice of bacon and half a grapefruit. I am really loving grapefruit right now!


Lunch was another fun salad and hot dogs :) The bacon we have been getting is great and the same company also makes hot dogs with all approved ingredients. After shopping at Costco the other day Jeff and I were craving a hot dog so I thought they were worth a try and they are really good.


For dinner we used our himalayan salt plate again :) This time we heated it in the oven instead of on the gas range and brought it to the table to cook our meat. We had used our fajita marinade on a sirloin and sliced it to cook on the block, success! Tasted great and it was a lot of fun to cook at the table. We served it as a fajita salad with salad greens, grilled onions and bell peppers, diced tomatoes, avocado and homemade chipotle dressing. This was Jeff's favorite meal since we began this challenge.




As promised yesterday, here is my attempt at dessert last night. I sauteed apples in coconut oil with a little cinnamon and some raisins. Right when they were almost done I added some coconut milk letting it heat through and coat all the fruit. I topped it with unsweetened flaked coconut mixed with sea salt, coated with coconut oil and toasted in the oven at 350 degrees. It really felt like dessert, especially after not having dessert for so long! Next time we will add pecans or walnuts because it really did need some texture. Just so I do not take too much credit for this, go to Everyday Paleo's blog to find these recipes.

1 comment:

McKay said...

I love when you write about food!