Thursday, January 19, 2012

30 Day Challenge, Day 5

I love the opportunity and the excuse to make as much from scratch as I possibly can but, today was one of those days that reminded me being a mommy of 2 little ones means that my time is not my own. Si is really teething, he did not want to sleep last night and was pretty fussy most of the day. My sweet husband gave me a break long enough to take a good nap but that one alteration in my plans for the day meant that the cinnamon steak skewers were not going to happen tonight :) Oh well, hopefully they will happen tomorrow.

Today breakfast was egg burritos just like we ate on Monday for breakfast. One of the biggest differences I am seeing while eating this way is that I am full for a very long time, which means I probably need to reduce my burrito to 2 eggs instead of 3 and get myself eating more frequently but who knows. I like the full feeling. I did not really eat lunch, I ate some grain free granola before I worked out and a banana after.


Dinner ended up being a super simple salad: lettuce, cucumber, tomato, carrots, green onion, roasted chicken from Tues night, sunflower seeds and citrus vinaigrette. It was simple but good, definitely glad to not be washing pots and pans right now!

No comments: