Sunday, January 22, 2012

30 Day Challenge, Day 7

I am realizing some of my weak points when it comes to food. At the end of every night, once Madeline has gone to bed, Jeff and I usually sit down to watch some TV I want dessert. What I have been doing for the last several nights is a cup of herbal tea and it is amazing how satisfying it has been. Of course, right now I have some very strict boundaries on what I am allowed to consume so it is much easier to make the choices I am currently making. It does make me want to think about how I want to handle "treats" when this is over. I do not plan to go with out chocolate or baked goods, but I think I need to pull back on how often I eat them and try not to eat things like that right before bed every night.

On to Day 7's menu:


I attempted a waffle recipe that fits within our guidelines. It was a failure... looks good in the picture though :) I will not even be sharing the recipe here, they were dense, they did not crisp up like a waffle should and they did not have much flavor. We wanted butter and syrup desperately! The topping was good, it was bananas browned in a little coconut oil with a toasted walnuts. The bacon was, of course, delicious.

For lunch we ate the pulled pork with barbecue sauce but this time we sliced an avocado on top and then squeezed some lime juice over it as well... the best version of the pork so far in my opinion.


For dinner we ate Chicken Curry, recipe found here. I really like curry, a lot. This was super simple and did not disappoint. I think the red curry paste we used was far spicier than the one in the recipe which suited me just fine. We garnished with green onion, fresh cilantro and fresh lime juice. I have a can of green curry paste in my pantry that screaming at me to make this again soon!

No comments: