Monday, January 16, 2012

30 Day Challenge, Day 2

Day 2 of our challenge and I am feeling good, I have not had any of those crazy cravings that I expected... we'll see how long that lasts. Jeff has been doing great in the morning between breakfast and lunch but after lunch and dinner he just has not felt incredibly full. We are not sure why because it seems like he is eating plenty. We'll keep you posted on whether it gets better, worse or we just find the right filler.


Breakfast today was a "burrito". This is 3 eggs beaten well with a little salt. Add them to a large non-stick skillet with a tsp of coconut oil melted and cook on low with out touching them for 6-7 minutes and then slide it off the pan and onto your plate. Add what ever filling suits you. It is a lot like an omelet but much thinner without the fluffiness so that it resemble the effect of a tortilla. We used some of the pulled pork from yesterday along with salsa and avocado drizzle (also from yesterday). This was another recipe from Make it Paleo but I used pork in place of taco meat, another winner!


This picture has nothing to do with lunch, but I do not have a picture of lunch because it was leftover chicken salad and veggies from yesterday and my baby boy is super cute :) I also had a snack around 4 of the Grain free Granola from yesterday but I ate it like cereal with unsweetened almond milk, I may like it even better this way but I think it all depends on what kind of snack I am in the mood to eat.


Dinner tonight was with some friends. She made chicken vegetable soup and even made her own stock, it was soooo good! Especially since the cold weather really hit today, perfect day for some tasty soup. My contribution was a simple salad but I did make the salad dressing. I juiced 2 lemons and 2 mandarin oranges, added 2 cloves of crushed garlic, salt, pepper and about 3/4 cup of olive oil. I made plenty so that we would have some for the rest of the week. I would try making your own vinaigrette even if you are not doing this challenge, it is so much better when it is fresh.

That was it for today, nothing to terribly spectacular but it was a good day :)

No comments: