Monday, September 8, 2008

Sad day

Yesterday Jeff and I had a sad day. Gus was rescued from a home where he had been neglected, left in his crate all the time and not really interacted with. This being said, we did not leave him alone much but when we did put him in his crate he was not a happy camper and apparently he would bark and cry for longer than we knew. Our neighbors called our landlord 3 days in a row (Gus was only in his crate 1 of those days...) without ever talking to us and on Sunday morning, on our way to church, we received a phone call informing us that we had to get rid of him. We called the family that gave him to us, packed up all his stuff and dropped him off with tears in our eyes. Due to his history Gus was a very high maintenance dog and we were struggling with that a bit but, overall, he was a great dog and will be missed!

4 comments:

Vashey Fam said...

Oh I am sad for you. I hate when you get out of the loop of communication somehow and then it ends up being a big whammy with no warning. Do you know there was a warrant out for my sweet grandpa's arrest last year? It was for an unpaid ticket from years ago that they never even knew about....somehow there was a glitch in the communication and they just received a letter in the mail one day saying there was a warrant. WHAMMY!....very random story and not really related to your dog....I feel bad for you guys!

Tyne said...

That is so sad, I am sorry about your Gus! I can't believe there was a warrent out for Grandpa Greenways arrest.

Andrew said...

One of my best friends had a Weimeranaer and also had to get rid of him due to their high maintenance. :-(

I feel for you. Tragic day.

McKay said...

Big smelly trash can full of poop!!! I'm so sad for you! I hope that all can be remedied (and that you have a better relationship with your neighbors in the future!) That stinks!