Saturday, September 27, 2008

Recipe 2

Dinner tonight was:

Salmon pan fried in a little bit of olive oil seasoned with salt and pepper and then topped with avocado salsa.

I cooked the salmon on medium heat, it took about 4 min on one side and maybe 3 once I turned it but our filets were pretty thin. I like to make sure that the salmon is not overcooked because it gets really dry when over cooked but cook it how you like it.

Avocado Salsa:

1 large tomato seeded and chopped
1 large avocado chopped
1/2 of a small onion (about 1/4 cup)
1 Tbl of fresh cilantro chopped (I left this out because my husband is not a fan)
1 Tbl lemon or lime juice (I used a little of both tonight and was really good)
1 clove of chopped garlic
a few dashes hot pepper sauce (I used tobasco)
a little salt

It will taste good right away but is best if you chill it for a couple of hours. This is from The Better Homes and Gardens cookbook and there is a Mango Salsa recipe in there that is also wonderful on fish.

This is a great, really healthy meal that takes no time to make.

3 comments:

Tyne said...

YUM! Sounds great...

LeeAnn said...

It was GREAT!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm so proud of you for cooking dinner through the morning sickness. I'll have to try this one out! ~Beth