Friday, September 18, 2009


My day today started at 4:00 a.m. just like any other work day. Nothing memorable or extraordinary about that. However, I know that today will be a day I remember for the rest of my life. Work this morning was normal, my trip to the coffee shop after work was normal. It wasn't until I got to the hospital for Madeline's 11 a.m. feeding that I knew today would be special. It was special enough that I was getting to feed Madeline a bottle for lunch, just my daughter and me, special indeed! As I was changing Maddie's diaper, her doctor came over and asked me if we wanted to take her home today. Of course we did. I promptly called LeeAnn with the good news and we set about completing all the last minute preparations. By 2 p.m. we were back at the hospital and after watching two movies on CPR and SIDS and receiving a thorough briefing from the nurse we were finally on our way home with Maddie in tow. 9 long days in the NICU that have both flown by and dragged on forever have finally come to a close and we have our little baby at home with us. What a blessing, what a good God we serve. Thank you all for your prayers!

6 comments:

Emily said...

She's so tiny! That carseat just swallows her!! So precious. I am so glad she is home with you. Hope tonight goes well. It's always hard to sleep that first night - I felt like I needed to check on them every 5 minutes! Can't wait to hear how things are going. Congratulations to both of you!

Ashley Howard said...

So cute! So happy for the three of you! Enjoy your family home!

The Rowland Crew said...

The carseat shows how tiny she is even more than the previous video. What a sweet, beautiful baby girl! Hope things are going well at home!

Tyne said...

What a little peanut! She is so cute and tiny and wonderous! I am so glad that you video'd that so we could share her homecoming with you. When you get a chance send me an email with your address. I have a couple things for baby girl.

I loved the post Jeff! Loved it. You are so right, your life will never be the same- in a great and awesome way!

The Shadles said...

What a sweet video! We are so happy for you all!!

Rachel Wilson said...

Congrats! She is so cute! Sooo glad she is home!! :)