Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Belly

Today we had yet another appointment to check on our little girl. I say "yet another one" because we are going every 2 weeks and it seems like we are there all the time. I only have one more 2 week visit and then they will be weekly... that is how soon we are expecting to meet our little girl :) Today's visit was good, I never tire of getting to hear her heartbeat. I have been a little bit of a nervous mother lately, I just have not felt her move around as much and it makes me a little anxious (been quoting Phil 4:6-7 alot). I brought this up with my doctor today and, fortunately for me, she takes these things seriously. I was hooked up to a monitor for 20 minutes checking her heart rate and movements... when the doctor checked the results I was told that it was a textbook example of how a baby should look (thank you Lord for setting my mind at ease, huge smile on my face). So, I learned today that at this point she is running out of room and just does not have the space to make the big movements she was once making. She is still measuring big, I am almost 34 weeks along but she measures at 35 weeks right now so it looks like she is nice and healthy right now.

By the way, we have decided that her name is Madeline Mae Grissom, she could be Maddie, Maddie Mae or may end up being called Madeline... we'll see once we get to know her a little better.

Here are a few "belly shots" for those of you who have not seen me. I am getting bigger every day!







11 comments:

The Rowland Crew said...

Love the pictures! Can't wait to see ones of her outside of your belly, too!

The Chronicles of Grissom said...

Good stuff. Ya'll are cute!

Matt Martin said...

This is Christine... I don't have gmail... but I wanted to say, You look fabulous LeeAnn! So exciting... I can't believe it's almost here!

apemarie said...

i loooooove your baby belly :)

Ashley Howard said...

Very cute. I am glad the baby is doing well and that your doctor took your concern seriously. I had an appointment yesterday and the doctor said we are just playing the growing game. Pretty soon we will find out if Miss Maddie has a girl friend or boy friend to play with if we ever see you guys!

Anonymous said...

Thabks for the "baby" pictures. You look fabulous!!
Love
Yvonne

Emily said...

You do not look like you are having a baby in just a few short weeks! You look great! We are so excited to meet Madeline. Hope the next few weeks go fast.

Tyne said...

Yeahhhhhh! Thanks for posting the belly shots. I can't wait to meet Maddie Mae and am praying for you and your home renovation everyday!

Anonymous said...

I love the belly pictures. Jeff's doesn't quite measure up.

Grandma Gini

Rebecca & Tucker said...

You look great LeeAnn, and so happy! I like the name, and the many options so you can have room to add her personality to what you decide to call her. I'm praying for a healthy baby, mother, and delivery!

McKay said...

Getting caught up! YAY! Glad to hear updates!