Saturday, November 1, 2008

Recipe 5 Kori's Baby Shower :)

Last Sunday we had a baby shower for my friend Kori, it was a lot of fun (I'll throw a party with Abby any day!). Below are some of my favorite pictures and below that are the recipes for the sandwiches I made, enjoy :)



Goat Cheese Cucumber Sandwiches



The spread is soft goat cheese, cream cheese (more goat cheese than cream cheese), crushed garlic, fresh thyme and parsley, salt and pepper. Put spread on both slices of bread with cucumbers in the middle, mmm mmm good.


Asparagus and Prosciutto Sandwiches



Cut asparagus to fit your bread and then steam for 3 minutes immediately plunging it into ice water when it is done (you want 6 spears per sandwich). To assemble the sandwiches, spread cream cheese on both pieces of bread then season with pepper. place a slice of prosciutto on cream cheese, spread honey mustard on prosciutto, place 6 spears of asparagus on the mustard, place another slice of prosciutto on asparagus and then finish with your other piece of bread. One of the favorites at the shower.

We also had chicken salad on croissants, if you want my recipe for chicken salad let me know, I wasn't planning on posting it but I can...

5 comments:

Tyne said...

Imagine my whiney voice..."pleazzzzzz come cook for me. PLEASE!"

Hey I have an award for you over at the White House!

Vashey Fam said...

Is that Fabulous Food's chicken salad? I can still smell it....or whatever that smell was that you perfumed yourself with for months! That is such a cute hat and top together. You are so stylish LeeAnn! Hey, I tagged you over at my place!

More Miles said...

Hey LeeAnn, will you come over to mine and Ryan's blog and enter our contest? All you have to do is add the Transit Fuel Boost Button to your sidebar and then link back. You could win a $25 Visa Cash Card...

More Miles said...

Oooo, I forgot to tell you that I gave you a blog award over at the white house.

McKay said...

Oh my gosh! I haven't even looked at the recipe yet, but I'm just SOOOOO happy to see the happy LeeAnn face!!!! SO happy!

Also, how cute is your hat?!? Cute. AND you are looking smokin' hot, my friend! Yowzers!