Monday, October 27, 2008

CARNAGE 2008 - AN OPENING DAY TO BEAT ALL OPENING DAYS!

You know that saying, "it's not what you know but who you know,"  Well I know Don Gibson and he was able to get access to 48,000 acres of prime hunting real estate for me and my hunting companions.  Today Ian, Ryan, Todd and myself accessed said hunting real estate and had an absolutely amazing opening day to the 2008 rifle season!!  By 11:00 am all four of us had our bucks loaded in the truck. These were pretty nice bucks too.  All were four points and the product of passing up a multitude of shots on lesser animals.  After lunch, we went up to the high country and shot three elk, Ryan and Todd got their first and I would have but mine didn't stay dead and disappeared into the forest never to be seen again :(  I looked until it was too dark to see and I feel really bad but these things happen.  Fortunately, Don's dad manages the ranch we were hunting on and the elk have been driving him nuts so he invited us back to kill some more, which we can do because in that unit you can shoot two!  All in all it was an awesome day, I've never seen a truck so full of dead animals.  Well I've been up for 23 hours so I think I'll go to bed. . . actually I smell like a dead deer so I think I'll take a shower.  Here are some pics.




3 comments:

Todd and Jenny said...

Nice...

McKay said...

Holy freakin' carnage, Batman! Those elk are HUUUUGE! Oh my stars!!

apemarie said...

those are some BIG deer - i'm a little jealous of the elk thing. we've been looking and looking - montana is like another planet or something...you've taken "carnage" to another level :)