Thursday, October 9, 2008

Recipe 3 2x4

The temperature dropped into the 30's today, it rained most of the afternoon and now it is snowing. The first truly cold night warning us that fall is on it's way out and winter is almost here. When the weather is wet and cold like this Jeff and I crave 2x4 soup, a recipe that I was given years ago by my sister in law Emily. Our favorite things about this recipe are that it is quick to make, tastes really good and is really filling.

2x4 Soup

2 lbs of ground beef
2 cans of Minestrone Soup (usually Progresso)
2 cans of Rotel
2 cans of Ranch Style Beans

Brown your ground beef and then open and dump the rest of your ingredients, allow the soup to heat through and that is all there is to it. I like to add sour cream and cheese (mozzarella is really good on this soup), but it is really good on its own as well. When Jeff and I are the only ones eating it we cut the recipe in half and it still is more than one meal so I would keep that in mind.

Hope you guys are enjoying these recipes :) We might be cooking for some friends this weekend and if we do I will post one of my more elaborate meals.

6 comments:

The Rowland Crew said...

I never thought of the cheese and sour cream. Randy will love trying that! Glad I could give you a recipe you like - I love all the ones of yours I have. :)

Rachel Wilson said...

oohhh.. Lelo! That sounds scrumptious! I will have to try that one! Good call.. soup in the fall is absolutely amazing! love you!

My Yankee and Me said...

What do you mean fall is on it's way out? It hasn't even arrived
HERE yet! Thanks for the recipes...I made your spinach,
feta, and strawberry salad the other night, and it was a real hit!
Love you!

Vashey Fam said...

Yum, I love this type of soup. I missed ranch style beans and rotel tomatoes when I lived up North. I'm glad you have them there! Oh, and can I just say, the leaves haven't *even* started turning here!

Windy Smith said...

Now this recipe is my style..quick and easy and it feeds a bunch of people...I am cooking it tomorrow! love you and hope you are doing well!

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.