Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving and the return of the coffee beans

Thanksgiving has a specific picture in my mind of 70 members of my family eating massive quantities of food and getting as much quality time crammed into one weekend as we possibly can... it is something that we all look forward to all year and as November approaches you get a little more excited about it each day. It was truly difficult not to see my family this weekend but we still had a great day! Our dear new friends, Todd and Jenny Moore, invited us over to spend the day with them. We had more food than 12 people could possibly eat (love Thanksgiving leftovers!) and great fellowship. Jeff was, once again, the big toy for the kids so after a day of cooking and playing we came home full, tired, happy and thankful for our day.

As we reflect on the last year we see some truly difficult times in the loss of our close friend Kelly and the loss of our baby... but the thing that really stands out in our mind is how thankful we are to have a God who carries us through these times, to be able to rejoice in the truth that Kelly and our little one are in the presence of the Almighty and that we have the hope of Christ to rejoice in ALWAYS. We discussed many things that we are thankful for this afternoon so I could give you a list from each of us but the above is what stood out the most.

Back by popular demand (and also just because I miss them) are our coffee beans... the blog is a bit different than it was and hopefully will soon see a few more changes but, at least for now, the coffee beans will remain :)

Here are a couple of pictures from our day:




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I,too,thought about a grandchild that won't be a part of this earthly family. I also gave thanks for friends and family. Love you both
Yvonne

McKay said...

I love your cutout leaves on the pie! Remembering those from the AOF.

Anonymous said...

appreciated your comments and am thankful you are so well grounded in God's Love
Colorado Dad

apemarie said...

here's to an amazing Christmas and blessed 2009 for the grissoms! love you!!!

Anonymous said...

You outdid me on the pies, those fancy leaves. Am glad you like to cook and give. You were always a giving person as a child. Thanks for your wonderful testimony of Christ and all that He has done in both of you!!!! Because of the bumps you have had, He is surely prepping you to minister. Blessed be his Name! I love you!
Mom Gini

Windy Smith said...

You are a strong, wonderful, inspiring woman! I look up to you in so many ways and always have since high school. I know we have moved our separate ways but I really enjoy staying in touch and update on your life through you blog. I will try to be better about commenting. Love you!

BTW I don't know how often you look at my blog but I posted some pics I took of the kids with my mom right before Thanksgiving and the little girl is my niece Makayla!