Sunday, November 16, 2008

THE HUNTRESS

2008 continues to be an astonishing hunting season. LeeAnn and I got up early and went hunting this morning and by 4:00 pm we had a deer and an elk in the back of the truck. The Elk have been hunted pretty hard this year and are quite spooky so it took us a while to find them. . . quite a while, but I was able to knock a cow down shortly after noon. After she was in the truck we went down to the lower part of the ranch and I am very proud to report that LeeAnn shot her first deer shortly thereafter. It's a sweet first deer too actually it's just a sweet deer period. He is a nice four point mule deer and unfortunately for him he was more interested in chasing does around than he was in running away from my wife's bullet. LeeAnn made a nice shot nice shot and down he went. Here are some pictures





5 comments:

Tyne said...

That is awesome. Caleb wants me to say to LeeAnn, "state champ, whoo"

the Lattins said...

Wow! I'm impressed. :-) LeeAnn the camo is great. What are you going to do with all that meat?? Hugs! Anna

The Rowland Crew said...

LeeAnn, your brothers and nephews will be impressed!
:)

Elizabeth Evans said...

LeeAnn, you are my hero!! I'm pretty sure you are George's hero too. Jeff, don't worry we think you are pretty awesome too.

McKay said...

Dude! LeeAnn, you're freakin' awesome! And somehow you make wearing camouflage and kneeling over a dead deer look "so hot right now!"