Wednesday, February 8, 2012

30 Day Challenge, Day 24


Breakfast was inspired, once again, by Pinterest. The inspiration showed an avocado cut in half with an egg baked inside of it but our avocados are huge right now and I did not want that much. I cut up about a quarter of an avocado into a ramekin, seasoned it with a little salt and pepper, cracked an egg on top and baked it at 425 until the egg was cooked but the yoke was still runny. I added a little salsa and also ate half a grapefruit. Lunch was just random things, a Larabar, a handful of nuts, the last meatball leftover from a few days ago... and I do not even remember what else :)


Dinner was Ina Garten's Chicken Chili. This is a recipe that I have been making for years and is great just the way it is written but this time I used braised chicken thighs instead of breast meat. We garnished with chopped avocado, it was delicious. Also, I just make half of the recipe for my family and we still have some left over.

1 comment:

McKay said...

Breakfast sounds cool! All your meal ideas have been really good!