Monday, February 6, 2012

30 Day Challenge, Day 19-22

I know I have been absent from sharing our 30 day challenge for a few days, I apologize. We have kept up the challenge but only have photos of a few meals. I have spent some of my blogging time on pinterest and some as a few extra minutes of quality time with my family but today I will catch up on the highlights of what we have been eating.

The supreme egg loaf lasted 3 mornings which I really enjoyed. Outside of that our breakfasts have been pretty simple, scrambles and a little bit of fruit. Lunches have mostly been leftovers, I do not think I have any epiphanies to share in that area right now :)


This was crock pot meatballs along with a chunky tomato sauce and spaghetti squash. I enjoyed this but I think the texture of the meatballs would have been better if I had seared them off and let them cook in some of the tomato sauce on the stovetop instead of using the crock pot. Here is the meatball recipe. I love all the veggies that went into the meat but be warned that this recipe leaves out good old salt and pepper. I seasoned the eggs before adding the veggies and I seasoned the meat before combining it all together.


I do not have a picture of our next dinner but the website's picture looks almost exactly like ours, I am sure you would rather see my sweet babies anyway ;) I made breakfast for dinner. Coconut flour biscuits, recipe found here, along with homemade turkey sausage and eggs over easy. I also rehydrated some preservative free prunes so that we could have "jam" with our biscuits. I have to say these biscuits were much better with the sweet than the savory. I look forward to trying them again when we can add honey into the batter.


One of the meals I planned was "fish with veggies"... I ended up buying Dover Sole, not a fish I am familiar with but it was caught wild instead of farmed so that is what I bought. It is a mild flavored white fish, I seasoned it with salt and pepper, pan-fried it in a little olive oil and finished it with lemon juice. I served it with blanched asparagus and oven roasted cauliflower. By the way, oven roasted cauliflower is AMAZING!!


Shopping off list is what brought this meal about. I try not to shop off list but the pork sirloin was buy one get one free so I decided not to pass it up. Jeff grilled off the steaks and cut up a salad of tomato, avocado and cucumber. I made another round of chipotle dressing, I am going to post this recipe because it is so so so good! I used a couple tablespoons of homemade mayo, but I am sure store bought would be good as well, to that I add lemon juice, adobo (from a can of chipotle peppers), salt and oil (salad oil of your choice, I used grapeseed). One of the things that has made it easy for Jeff to eat so much salad!


For our dinner on Super Bowl Sunday I chose to make "super bowl" food. These are chicken wings, recipe found here. I served them with sliced veggies and baked sweet potato fries. I think this meal gave us our "fix" of finger foods without breaking any rules.

Finally caught up! Hoping to keep up with it from here on out. Only 8 days to go!

No comments: