Friday, May 15, 2009

Texas May '09

Last weekend we had the opportunity to spend some time with family in Texas. We started off in the Dallas area hanging out with my brothers and my Mom. We stayed with Randy, Emily and their 3 kids Seth, Abigail and Levi; and we spent as much time as possible with Jon, Emily and their 2 kids Addison and Aubrey. It was so much fun to just have time with them eating great food, watching basketball and going out on the boat. For Mother's Day we had a family portrait done and we can not wait to see how it turned out :)

We spent a short time in Longview at my Mom's house but saw most of our extended family (more than a few people when we are talking about my family). We had a great meal at my Uncle James' house where I was able to see almost all of my aunts and uncles and a few of my cousins. Monday was special because we spent time with my sweet cousins Tyne and Leigh and their children, it had been too long so that was really nice.

Most of the time Jeff was a big jungle gym for the nephews and nieces, they LOVED it and he did too. We have still had limited time with my family since we have been married and it is so much fun to see him enjoy being in our family and to see our family really enjoying him, I have really been blessed with a wonderful husband!

Here are some pics from the weekend:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always appreciate the pics u post-----sounds like you had a good trip anf got ur Texas fis (for a while at least)
Love Colorado Dad

Tyne said...

Love the pics! So pretty and fun. It sure was great to see y'all.

I tagged you on my blog, either you or Jeff!

Vashey Fam said...

DO you know, I don't have a single picture of you guys? I wish we could go thrift store shopping today! Wouldn't that be fun?