Saturday, May 2, 2009

In Limbo


We only thought everything was in order following all of the inspections, recommendations and bids. Turns out that the appraiser flipped out about the chimney and now that has to be fixed before we can close on the house. Of course we did not find this out until the day before we were supposed to close. Now we are living in limbo, with half of our stuff packed in boxes, half of it ready to be packed into boxes and none of it where it can be found. It seems that I spend more time in the mornings looking for clothes to wear than I do in the shower. Fortunately, the mason should have the chimney fixed by the end of next week and we will be able to close on the house as soon as we get back from Texas. Then the fun begins! Painting, flooring, tile, yard work my heart is aflutter at the thought of it all. I will finally be a man, I will finally have a house to fix! And we will finally have a place to call home (not real home, Idaho and Texas will always be real home (Heaven is our real home although Heaven is synonymous with Idaho)). Random fact: Baby Grissom is now the size of a peach!

5 comments:

The Rowland Crew said...

We promise not to make you keep your stuff in boxes while you are visiting! Can't wait to see you both!

Tyne said...

Sorry about having to live in limbo- but that is so awesome that you will be a homeowner. I remember when we bought our first house in College Station and Caleb was so excited to be a homeowner, he would spend hours and hours on fix-ups and lawn care. Now. Not so much!

Vashey Fam said...

You know, I think that's why they have so many shows about home buying! It is so unpredictable and nerveracking! We've had issues too...I can't wait to see the transformation!

McKay said...

Aww! I feel connected with you! We've got most of our stuff in suitcases or boxes too! Now, everytime I look for something and remember it's in a crate on its way to Japan, I'll think of LeeAnn and Jeff!

Andrew said...

Can I get a tee shirt that says this?

(Heaven is our real home although Heaven is synonymous with Idaho)