Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Frank the Parakeet

Meet our new puppy!  His name is Frank the Parakeet.  Due to the antiquated speciesist policies of our apartment complex we aren't allowed to have dogs, so we got a bird.  We will of course train him to be a dog.  Parakeets can learn to speak so we plan to teach him to bark, once he has mastered that we will show him how to chase cars, cats and squirrels.  It's just a matter of time until he is chewing the furniture and digging holes in the backyard (figuratively of course since we don't have a backyard, yet another drawback to apartment life. . . what I wouldn't give to have a lawn to mow. . . I digress).  Right now Frank the Parakeet is still getting used to his new home.   I think he still thinks we are going to try to eat him, I have assured him repeatedly that that is not the case and he seems to be chilling out so I think he is getting the message.  At any rate, we are excited to have a pet to play with and we look forward to bonding with our new bird puppy. 

Some of you my be thinking Frank is a weird name for a bird.  We named him Frank because LeeAnn said we should give him a really manly name.  So  I thought who could possibly be more manly than Jack Bauer. . . no one!  And of course on season five of 24, Jack Bauer goes by the Alias of Frank.   A very manly name indeed whether you be a man a dog or a bird!

2 comments:

Tyne said...

I know you didn't! You got a stinkin' bird? Jeff, LeeAnn can explain how much this will discourage a visit from her friend, tyne. Just jokin' I am over it!

mollyb said...

or a dog bird!