Sunday, April 13, 2008

First Post

Hello All,

This is my first venture into the world of blogging so I am a bit unsure of myself but I believe the point is to keep people updated on the world of Jeff and LeeAnn. I have been inspired by Tyne, Leigh, Anna and Emily because they do not seem so far away when I get the chance to look at their blog on a regular basis, so, since we are so far away from those that we love, I thought this might be able to do the same for us.

Our life:

I am currently managing a coffee shop (which most of you know) for City Brew Coffee. It is a wonderful company to work for, still pretty young but this year they have reached the 10 year mark and are still growing considerably, an exciting thing for a company. I truly enjoy being a barista, but at times struggle with being a manager. The time that I put in, always being on call and the occasional stress of having low numbers can take a toll and make me want to give back some of my responsibility but the days when things run smoothly, my store makes money and my employees are all happy and healthy really make it worth it (which is the case more often than not). More than anything I see my job as an opportunity to honor God. The last thing Jeff says to me before I go to work is "Be Jesus, be excellent and work hard" so that is always the first thing on my mind when I walk in the door.

Jeff is currently the Assistant Chief Pilot for Alpine Air. He generally goes to work any where from 7:30 p.m. to 11 p.m and is normally home by 4:30 a.m. Occasionally he works during the day training new pilots or filing flight plans. We are sooooo grateful for his job, very few pilots get to come home every day and we hope that we never face the day where Jeff is gone for days at a time. The most difficult thing is that he is based out of Billings, not our favorite city although we are surrounded by so much beauty! We hope someday to move to Boise which is where Jeff is from but we try to stay thankful for what God has provided us and hope to serve Him while we are here.

There is a short synopsis of us, I will try to be faithful about updating (those of you who know me also know that this might be a struggle for me) regularly.

3 comments:

Vashey Fam said...

yeah! A blogger is born!

mollyb said...

I love keeping up to date with friends via blogging! Keep it up - we'll be reading!

Tyne said...

Hello Friend! glad to see you in the blogging world. Now I can keep up with you! Love you, friend!
tyne