Friday, April 18, 2008

Feeling Creative...

So, I have a tendency to go through creative phases. I feel a need to be creative and frantically search for an outlet that may or may not turn into something that I actually keep up with long term. Over the years this urge has been quenched in many different forms: photography, knitting, sewing, decorating my house, drawing portraits, playing the guitar, singing, planning dinner parties (or any kind of party for that matter), cooking, baking..... and it would seem that the list goes on. The only item on this list that I would say has been a consistent passion through the years would be the culinary world which can be both frustrating and exciting. I love that a large portion of my creativity is channeled into one category but then I look at the rest and wish that I was more than mediocre at them. All this to say that I am pulling out the sewing machine again :) I found a couple of patterns and some really cute material and hopefully this weekend I will have a new skirt! And once again I hope that this is not a passing phase of my creative side but that it will stick long term... and yet if it passes, at least I know that it will be waiting for me the next time :)

LeeAnn

2 comments:

Tyne said...

Hey, I desperately need some new duds, can you sew me up a new outfit?

Vashey Fam said...

Yeah, me too! :o) Actually, if you can figure out how to make super sweet, trendy doll clothes, then we could create together!