Thursday, December 10, 2009

mmm mmm good

Yesterday a box was delivered to our house addressed to Jeff. He has been grinning about my birthday present for days just waiting for it to arrive so I assumed that the contents of the box were the source of the grin. He was flying in from Utah and when I texted that it had arrived he quickly texted back "open it!". I am the type that usually makes people wait until their actual birthday or Christmas to give them their gifts but Jeff just gets so giddy about it that he can barely contain himself. I did not open it until he came home last night but I also did not wait until my birthday because of his excitement. He bought me an espresso machine :) So, today I had 2 americanos and am currently sipping some hot chocolate that was steamed with my new toy and it has all been so very tasty. I am pretty impressed with this little machine, even though I am used to working with the big daddy machines at my old job, everything has come out beyond my expectations and it should be much easier to stick to our new coffee budget now :) It is such a sweet gift and I am so grateful! Especially because my sweet husband was so excited to bless me with it.

We also finally decorated our tree today. It is actually leaning quite a bit, we had trouble when the hole was drilled for our tree stand when we bought it, but I must say that the leaning is actually endearing and I love it all the more for the flaw.

Here are a couple of pictures. My new toy and our tree:



4 comments:

Vashey Fam said...

Oh Gosh! It's the Leaning Tree of Montana! So artsy LeeAnn! That little machine looks so hitech and fun. Good job Jeff!

Tyne said...

Pretty Tree! I love you and wish we could spend more time together. Your mom said that she was coming to visit you for Christmas. Fun. I asked her if I could get in your suitcase.

Ashley Howard said...

You might want to use some thin wire to anchor the tree to the wall. When I was a kid, our tree came crashing down twice and broke several treasured ornaments...

apemarie said...

What a great early birthday gift!! Nice job Jeff :)