Sunday, July 11, 2010

Sushi at home

Eating sushi for Jeff's birthday has made me crave sushi all week long. So I decided it was time to try making it myself :) A good friend of ours gave Jeff a sushi making kit that we have never used for his birthday a couple of years ago so we already had all the equipment. I did not want to hunt down the good raw stuff just in case it did not work out so I ended up making California and Philadelphia rolls. Turned out well for my first time, next time I will attempt to use less rice and more filling. I will say that it was not that difficult, I expected it to be much more complicated. I made 5 rolls and we are stuffed! Jeff took some fun pictures so that we could share our first at home sushi experience with you.



3 comments:

Debbie said...

Wow! That looks beautiful!

Jeff said...

That's what f 1.4 can do for you!

Tyne said...

I thought the pic that Jeff put on fb was from a restaurant. That is awesome... I knew that if anyone could make sushi rolls it is you two.