Monday, July 27, 2009

Wedding, friends, family and projects

Since the canoe trip we have been to Vail, CO to see Brittny Sheely become Brittny Tucker :) It was so much fun to see her get married and to spend quality time with dear people that I rarely get to see. I went down on July 15 (Wed) and the week was full of events from the Bachelorette party to dinner at Los Amigos, a bridal shower/luncheon, rehearsal dinner at a beautiful ranch and then the wedding on the 18th (Sat). You can fill in any free time with hanging out/playing with Beth, Ryan, Tyne, Caleb and 5 children 4 and under. We ended the weekend on Saturday morning having breakfast with my Dad in Glenwood Springs (thanks for driving in to see us and thanks again for breakfast!). It was a fun and very full 5 days.

We came home to our computer crashing... yeah, not our favorite thing to happen. The sad part about it is the loss of our pictures. If you know us at all then you know that we take a ton of photos and that it is one of our favorite things... we are now missing a year and a half of photos and are mourning their loss! We do have our computer repaired (a new hard drive) and will be getting an external hard drive to keep everything on.

We are preparing to welcome our second houseguests :) Jeff's brother Mark and family will be here on Thursday. We are looking so forward to their arrival and are really working on the house to have it ready for them. Jeff's biggest project these days is the guest room... under normal circumstances our only plan would be to paint but the former owner must have let someone very young paint this room a long time ago. Layers upon layers of drippy blue paint everywhere! Jeff is sanding and stripping and using steel wool... if any of you have been in this position and have words of wisdom we would love to hear them!! Hopefully we will have it done before Thurs along with organizing the basement and getting a few decorations on the walls.

Here are a few pics from our weekend in CO:









5 comments:

apemarie said...

Your trip looks so fun!

Ashley Howard said...

I see a baby bump!!! I don't know about you, but I catch myself seeing my reflection and I think to myself "Who is that...oh wait that is me!"

Tyne said...

Hi! I love you.

McKay said...

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Not the pictures!!! Oh my goodness, that IS SAD!! I shed a tear for them.

Also, I'll ask Rob about the paint - he's probably dealt with that and let you know... even if you've already completed the project.

Rebecca & Tucker said...

We had that same problem with our paint in our room. And, BTW, it didn't have to be someone so young painting. When I painted the trim and the cabinets I had to look over them in the light over and over to get all the runs, glops, and drips. It was very difficult. I even found some in later stages and decided to distress those parts :). The drips in our room weren't as noticeable painted a light color, but when we painted our room darker, it became more noticeable. I think steel wool and a scraper and sander are your best bet! And, good to hear you're not cutting corners. It's crazy the advice we get from some people... tiling over wallpaper, painting over wallpaper.... shortcuts don't ever turn out right. My dad has a nightmare story of repairing almost every shortcut people tried to make!
I'm sorry about your pictures!
You look so great!