Sunday, July 5, 2009

Every Redneck's Favorite Holiday!


This is basically just a filler post to kill time until the big post tomorrow about our ultrasound and hopefully baby Grissom's gender. Yesterday was the perfect Fourth of July. Well, the weather was only in the low 80's so that was strange but we did get a sweet thunderstorm right before fireworks. LeeAnn made brownies and Shirkie's salsa and we went to the Wofford's house in Lockwood where there are no fireworks ordinances. We hung out and talked and ate hotdogs and hamburgers and enjoyed an all American holiday. Ruger and Otis accompanied us and thoroughly enjoyed the attention from all the kids not to mention all the room to run. Once it was finally dark all the 14 year old boys and myself proceeded to go nuts with the fireworks. I actually only spent $25 on fireworks this year compared to the $300 they spent and I spent more time taking pictures than I did blowing stuff up. I suppose it's inevitable that being 32 now and expecting a baby, fireworks don't seem like rock solid investment they once were. Anyway, got a couple of cool pics.






2 comments:

Tyne said...

Y'all Rock! I can't wait to find out about baby Grissom, I can't wait to see you next weekend, and I can't believe that you spelled my dad's name correctly!!!

Love you guys!

McKay said...

Super fun! Those are some sweet fireworks, dude!