Monday, December 22, 2008

finally a little bit of Christmas

Since most of you have been reading this blog I will not go into the details of how discouraging this house has been, especially lately. I had not even opened our Christmas decorations (just rescued them from the sewage). My mom arrived in Billings late Saturday night and I just could not stand the thought of our blank walls and 90's wallpaper being the only thing we looked at as we opened our gifts Thursday morning so yesterday the boxes came open, the tree is up and icicle lights are on the walls. The decorations paired with the beautiful white world (albeit incredibly cold world) have finally stirred up some Christmas spirit for the Grissoms and we are thrilled to celebrate the birth of our Saviour! Below is a picture of our tree, there is even some of the 90's wallpaper hovering in the background.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know how u feel bout the house but that tree is beautiful. I know you will have a wonderful Christ-centered Christmas
Colorado Dad

apemarie said...

tree looks beautiful, we miss you a lot!

Vashey Fam said...

Yeah! What a pretty, pretty tree! I know you're probably sick of snow, but I wish you'd send some down our way......it rained on Christmas!