Friday, April 17, 2009

Baby :)



What a day... Jeff and I both woke up to get ready for work at 4 a.m., showered and off we went. I was off at 9 and Jeff was off a little before that. I came home, freshened up and we went to the doctor at 9:40. Many of you know that we are expecting a baby in November because we both have trouble containing our excitement but we were not wanting to go as public as the blog until today. This day was full of excitement and nerves. This is the appointment when we found out that our baby had not developed during our first pregnancy. Our nurse asked some questions, took my blood pressure and then attempted to find the baby's heartbeat... unsuccessfully... we both held our breath and said a prayer as we waited for our doctor to come in. Our doctor came in and also asked some questions before proceeding and then attempted to find our baby's heartbeat.... SUCCESS!!! I teared up the moment I saw her smile. She was our doctor during our loss last year and was kind enough to do a sonogram even though she had already found the heartbeat, amazing :) This is when both Jeff and I teared up a little. We saw the heartbeat and saw our little one kicking and moving around at 11 weeks along, once again, amazing. The picture above is our baby's first photo. We thank you all who have been praying with us and for us for a healthy pregnancy and we ask that you continue to lift us up.

We clung to the following verses as we dealt with our loss and we cling to them now as we celebrate this new life:

"Jer 29:11 'For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.
Jer 29:12 'Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you."

and

"Phl 4:4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice!
Phl 4:5 Let your gentle {spirit} be known to all men. The Lord is near.
Phl 4:6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
Phl 4:7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

18 comments:

Cassandra Raney said...

Praise Jesus!!! We have lost two babies and know the indescribable pain and grief... but I also know that God had His hand over it all. We had two miscarriages in a row and then three months later got pregnant and had our Jude... I couldn't imagine life without him. Now we are expecting our third baby in just a couple weeks. God's timing is beautiful. I am so thankful for the life within you and pray for a healthy and smooth pregnancy! Congrats!

My Yankee and Me said...

Oh my goodness! This makes me so happy--we have been praying for the three of you!!!!!!!!!!!

The Chronicles of Grissom said...

Congrats! We can't wait to meet him!

apemarie said...

I'm so happy for you, yeah!!! I can't wait to see pics of your belly grow :) Come home & visit before the baby is born ;) and right after, too. Haha!!

Tyne said...

Oh, Jeff and LeeAnn, I am so thrilled for you- I wept like a baby through that post. How wonderful and kind of the Lord. Can't wait to meet this little blessing.

Anonymous said...

Jeff and LeeAnn
All I could do was cry with joy as I looked at this wonderful baby picture. Absolutely, the prayers will continue. I can't wait to see you both. Only 2 months.
Love Yvonne

mollyb said...

Congratulations! Being pregnant was one of the best experiences in my life - thus far (after the first few months, that is). In these next months, enjoy your sleep ... and doing things just the two of you! And enjoy people telling you that you look wonderful and beautiful. They speak the truth! There is something about pregnant women that makes them beautiful.

the Lattins said...

What a precious gift! This little one is perfectly crafted and we're excited to see him/her grow. We love you. Anna

thecarterfamily said...

Gabe and I are really excited for you. This world needs more people like you and Jeff in it. We will keep praying for you through your pregnancy. I hope you take advantage of many date nights together before the baby comes!

XOXO

Gabe and Whitney

APage said...

SO excited for y'all! We are praying that God would continue to guide the development of your precious little one!

The Rowland Crew said...

So glad to hear is went well at the appointment! We can't wait to see you both soon!

McKay said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!! Happy dance, happy dance, happy dance! Oh yea!!

Rachel Wilson said...

Congrats babe!!!! So excited for you!!

Emily said...

Sorry it's taken me so long to respond - you will understand in just a few short months! We are so excited for you and wish we were closer to watch you enjoy the next few months! Aubrey told me she is hoping for a girl cousin but I told her either would be great fun! We are looking forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks!

Vashey Fam said...

Oh, I am tearing up just reading it! I am so happy for you guys!!!

lbbryant said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you.
Lori

Ashley Howard said...

Congrats on the baby! When are you due? Matt and I are due on November 5th! Cheers to you from the three of us!

Andrew said...

Awesome. Congratulations!!!!!!!!

This post was a great start to my day. Thank you LeeAnn.