Sunday, January 11, 2009

Blah


It's been a long time since our last post I think due in large part to the arrival of winter and the lack of interesting things to do this time of year. Don't get me wrong, there are interesting things to do this time or year, snowmobiling, skiing, hockey, snowshoeing etc but they cost a fortune!! Since we are saving up to buy a house it's hard to justify the expense. So we are BORED! I find myself sighing about every 20 seconds because I just don't want to be cooped up anymore!

We do get quite a bit of entertainment out of our pets. As I write this Otis and Moose are taking turns chasing each other around the living room. I took Otis on his first flight yesterday. He was a little unsure at first but settled down quickly and spent some time looking out the window. He then curled up on the copilot's seat and took a nap until we started our descent into Missoula. I didn't exactly grease the landing and he let me know that he was displeased by shooting me a dirty look. On the mornings that LeeAnn has to work, I take Otis to that hangar with me. I am constantly amazed at his ability to turn rough and tough manly men into googly eyed little boys that just want to hug and kiss the puppy.

We both continue to work too much, but with the holidays over and LeeAnn's boss coming back from maternity leave, things should calm down shortly. We are hoping to get into a Dave Ramsey class at the end of the month. LeeAnn is in a women's Bible study at church and is looking forward to the chance to get to know some women that actually share her worldview.

All in all, things are good we just can't wait for spring. Also, it's time to start planning summer adventures. We're hoping to do some backpacking in Glacier Park this summer and perhaps some whitewater rafting over there too. Of course we will be doing some hiking closer to home as well and I'm sure we can find some kid friendly trips. What I am getting at is that it's time to make plans for your Montana vacation. We'd love to show you some of the amazing places we've discovered up here.

5 comments:

Tyne said...

Hey y'all. We really miss you and wish we were closer so we could hang out and play games and drink hot toddies. Or hot chocolate.

Elizabeth Evans said...

Your story about taking Otis to the hanger cracked me up. So true!! I so wish we could come hang out with you guys this summer. That would be a blast! We miss you both.

Anonymous said...

a flyin dog huh???????? that is cool-----might be the next "Red Barron"-----think spring
thankd for the post
Colorado Dad

McKay said...

So I really like it when Jeff posts because I get to hear more of his personality. You're cool, Jeff. Of course, I already know LeeAnn is cool. In fact, the coolest. I'm glad you get enjoyment out of the pets when you're budgeting. Me TOO! I take Gus for more walks (easier when it's not frickin' freezing like in Montana) and try to stay away from all stores. *sigh* It's tough.

Anonymous said...

What an adorable co-pilot! I'm still thinking I can get up there early summer. Cant wait to see and hike (althought NOT 26 miles!) Does Moose have wings yet?
Love Yvonne